If you can't feed one hundred people, then feed just one
- Mother Teresa
Trinity's Stephen Ministry will be temporarily on pause until new Stephen Leaders are trained. This means that hurting people in our congregation that are going through difficulties in life will not be assigned Stephen Minister caregivers until the Stephen Ministry program is re-established. This ministry is so important to help these individuals cope with life's challenges. Please talk with Jan Jenkins to find out more information about Stephen Leadership and how you can participate in this important ministry.
HOW ARE STEPHEN LEADERS TRAINED?
Stephen Leaders are trained through the Bridge Leader's Training Course (BLTC).
The Bridge Leader's Training Course is a live, interactive, online learning experience for equipping members of Stephen Ministry congregations to serve as Stephen Leaders.
Participants are grouped in cohorts of about 20 people from congregations across the US and around the world. Each cohort is led by two experienced trainers from Stephen Ministries St. Louis, allowing for individualized attention.
The training consists of 10 interactive online sessions of 2 1/2 hours each, including devotional time at the beginning of each session and a 15-minute break at the midpoint. The typical BLTC schedule involves two sessions a week for 5 weeks of one session per week for 10 weeks. Sessions are delivered via Zoom. New cohorts start on a regular basis. Participating in the BLTC will equip you to strengthen Stephen Ministry at Trinity. You will gain knowledge, skills, and resources needed to grow our Stephen Ministry.
Skills are taught through a variety of teaching and learning methods - including presentation, group discussion, video, and skill practice - for an engaging, enjoyable, and productive training experience.
You'll also be introduced to the Stephen Ministry Leader's Manual and learn how it will guide and support your ministry. This resource provides everything you'll need to direct your Stephen Ministry.
WHO ARE TRINITY STEPHEN LEADERS?
* Lay people 18 years and older who are members of Trinity
* who share a common passion
* who bring Christ's love and care to hurting people by
* using their gifts of teaching, organization, and administration to help make Stephen Ministry happen
WHAT DO STEPHEN LEADERS DO?
Work as a team to grow Stephen Ministry in these ways:
* Plan and administer: overseeing and managing the system that will keep Stephen Ministry running smoothly and going strong in the congregation.
* Publicize, educate, and cast a vision for Stephen Ministry inside and outside the congregation.
* Recruit, select, and train Stephen Ministers: identifying and equipping congregation members to serve effectively as caregivers.
* Identify care receivers and match them with Stephen Ministers for one-to-one caring relationships.
* Coordinate Small Group Peer Supervision to ensure Stephen Ministers receive the ongoing support they need.
* Lead continuing education to help Stephen Ministers keep honing their skills and growing as caregivers.
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE TRAINED AS A STEPHEN MINISTER TO SERVE AS A STEPHEN LEADER
HOW DOES ONE BECOME A STEPHEN LEADER?
Attend the Bridge Leader's Training Course (BLTC) and then be commissioned by the congregation
LOOKING FOR STEPHEN LEADERS
You are invited to pray about Stephen Ministry at Trinity and the role God has for you in this important ministry. Ask God to reveal to you whether being a Stephen Leader is the right fit for you.